Name of CEO,]
[Name of organisation]
Formal complaint about [enter details of your complaint].
I ask that you investigate this Complaint as per your legal obligations under Regulation 16 of the Health & Social Care Act 2008/2014 and Regulation 16 of the Local Authority Social Services & NHS Complaints Regulations.
During this complaint investigation and in line with good practice guidelines on complaint handling, I require that:
1. all of my questions are answered in a logical, transparent, evidence based manner.
2. You investigate within the remit of Local Authority Social Services & National Health Regulation Act 2009 Regulation 14 (1))where appropriate obtain independent evidence and opinion”should be sought”,
3. I ask that the decision reached by the decision maker is based on the body of facts documented within
a) the clinical notes,
c) medical imaging etc.
4. That all conclusions as to the clinical care received are based on NICE guidelines and local and National Clinical Policies.
5. If the body of facts supports that your organisation has neglected my care, then may I remind you of your obligations of a duty of candour under Regulation 20 of the Health &Social Care Act 2008 (updated 2014)
6. I am unable to accept any investigation that is biased towards your organisation. So I am unable to accept an outcome that contains the following statements:
– ‘in my/our opinion’. As i require an evidenced based conclusion.
– ‘I/we can find no evidence’ unless the term ‘evidence’ is followed by a robust definition of what your organisation considers to be ‘evidence’. Plus, the reasons why, the evidence was rejected.
– ‘I/we cannot accept we did ‘anything wrong unless the body of facts supports this.
7. I need to bring to your attention that Local Authority Social Services & National Health Act 200 Regulation13 (3)) that your organisation must acknowledge my complaint within three day working days of receipt. I would like this acknowledgment to be [via email/posted to my home address].
8. Following on from this, the Local Authority Social Services & National Health Regulation 13(7)(b) requires your organisation to write to me. With an explanation of the type and length of the investigation required by your organisation to investigate my complaint.
9. [ I would like/ I would not like to discuss this with a member of your organisation. Please contact me via phone/email/post]
[I am unable to accept this offer of discussing this with a member of your organisation. Please email/ send via post your decisions on how my complaint will be investigated and when the investigation will be completed.]
10. Please adhere to the Local Authority Social Services & National Health Act 2009 Regulation 14 (1) (b) and provide me with regular updates on the progress and expected completion of my compliant investigation.
11. To avoid any abuses of my time and resources and to limit the negative impact on my mental health, I feel the need to impose the following conditions:
• if the three day complaint investigation acknowledgement deadline is not met, it will cost [name of organisation ]£10 for every day over the deadline until I receive the acknowledgment
If Regulation 14.1.b of the Local Authority Social Services & National Health Act 2009 is not adhered to. Then I will invoice your organisation £10 for every email I need to send seeking information or clarification.
• Once the the complaint investigation deadline is set, if this is not met without at least a ten day notice period, then I will charge this Hospital £20 for every day over the deadline until I receive the response.
in line with best practice suggestions from the NHS Ombudsman complaint handling in the NHS and Regulation 20 on complaint handling in the NHS
I require the following remedy/s
[List your remedy/remedies.]